Cracked skin is one of the most important concerns of people when it comes to seasonal changes. Every season requires the right products to invest in the skincare regime. It is to be noted that with the change in season, our skin and hair also changes. In winters, people complain of dry skin and curly hair. Internet is full of articles to help people
buy skincare products in each season.
Here’s how you can invest in skincare products and get rid of cracked skin in winters.
Reasons for damaged skin
1. Cold weather: With the sun showing less presence, it becomes chilly. Winters are harsh on the skin and cause damaged and cracked skin near feet and hands.
2. Dryness: Lack of moisture and hydration can cause dry, chapped lips, feet, and hands. It is essential to stay hydrated and moisturized. Dryness can be avoided when the body is hydrated.
3. Lack of Humidity: Lack of humidity can also lead to dryness. Too much hot water can strip off the oils from the skin and leave the skin dry and chapped.
4. Skin Disorders: Several skin disorders, such as psoriasis, eczema, etc., can lead to dryness as it requires proper care and medications.
5. Frequent washing: Frequent washing of the body can reduce the skin barrier by stripping off the natural oils produced by the body.
6. Allergies: Certain skin allergies from dust, pollution, and irritants can cause dry and chapped skin.
Here’s how one can prevent dry skin in winters:
1. Moisturize daily: Winters mean taking a bath from the hot water. Hot water can take off the natural oils from the skin if used frequently. Always use a thick body moisturizer after the bat. It will help the skin to remain hydrated.
2. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is important in any weather as it helps the skin get rid of dirt, clogged pores, and blackheads. Use mild exfoliators to get rid of dead skin cells.
3. Protect the skin: One should protect the skin in winters because the wind is dry. In winters, the chilly weather and the winds cause dryness on the skin. Wear warm clothes and keep the skin covered.
4. Use hand and foot creams: These are available in the market to solve these issues at the earliest. These creams are specifically designed to handle winter dryness and get soft and supple skin with regular usage.
5. Use Olive Oil: Olive oil goes very well in the winters. Olive oil is rich in fatty acids and is super nourishing. Olive oil helps get richness and nourishment for the skin and is a good source of Vitamin E.
Look for creams that have a good amount of moisturizing ingredients present in them. Skin whitening creams can also be used in winters but make sure to use sunscreen along with it. Sunscreen helps in protecting the skin from radical damage. Stay nourished. Eat a healthy diet and include nuts and leafy vegetables.